Tuesday, October 28, 2008

buins 1 - oilers 0

The Bruins continued their western road trip last night with a stop in Edmonton. I must admit that I couldn't get coverage of the game, so I had to rely on watching highlights, after I got home from my own time on the ice. This would have started around 1am, but man...

What highlights there were
!

From all accounts, the Bruins relied heavily on the unorthodox awesomeness of Tim Thomas. He and (Oiler Goalie) Dwayne Roloson got into a goalie duel that was finally broken by a Dennis Wideman wrist-shot in overtime.

It's great to see a class character like Thomas get the shutout win, and from the footage I saw, great to see the Bruins returning to a fast-paced, strong puck pressure game. Thomas saw 27 shots, but for the most part, his defenders did a good job of clearing away errant rebounds, or tying up the extra man, allowing Thomas to cover up.

Also of note, it was very cool to see the Oil rocking those vintage sweaters (and Roloson sporting what, I think, is a Grant Fuhr-esque mask), especially against the Bruins "new" old uniforms.

The black, white and gold continue their road trip tonight against the Canucks.
Let's hope for 2 more points.

No comments: