Sunday, September 20, 2009

NHL Pre-Season - Bruins 2 - Canadiens 1

Just a quick post to say that the NHL returned to Quebec City this evening and saw the Bruins play the Habs in Pre-Season action.

Boston got up 2-0 fairly early on, and then basically held the Habs off for most of the 3rd Period, surrendering a goal, but holding on for the 2-1 win.

I was only watching with half my attention, because I was also involved in our real-time, multi-city hockey pool draft (Marc Savard, second pick!). What I did notice from the game was that Tuukka Rask is for real, Michael Ryder is coming into form, and that Lovecchio just continues to impress me.

The Habs, in all honesty, looked like the stronger team for stretches in this game. I'm not sure if we can expect the Bruins to come out of the gates firing like they did last season, and obviously many of their Division rivals have improved, so there's a good chance that it will be a long, hard-fought year for the Black, White and Gold.

Of Note: one of our kittens suddenly took notice in the game and starting leaping up at the TV screen, frantically clawing at the players skating by. I would say there was about an 80-20 split for Habs he was clawing versus Bruins he wanted to destroy. I will train him to aim strictly for the Bleu, Blanc et Rouge.

As far as the difficulties of being a Bruins fan here in Montreal go, things haven't really ramped up yet. Pre-Season is viewed as it should be (ie: as a warm up) by Montrealers, so the trash talk should begin in earnest in a couple of weeks. I'll keep track of what is throw at me, and let you know.

No comments: