Wednesday, March 11, 2009

bruins 0 - blue jackets 2

Last night's Bruins game was one that I could not track down online, so I had to rely on highlights. And I did not like what I saw. The Jackets were out-hitting, out-shooting and basically dominating the B's, sending dudes flying and getting to loose pucks.

Steve Mason registered his league-leading 9th shutout, whereas the Bruins have dropped 5 of their last 6 games.

Of note: Phil Kessel received a clean hit and left the game in the first period (he would return) and Tim Thomas was absolutely run by Jiri Novotny, breaking Thomas' mask and forcing the netminder to use Manny Fernandez's helmet. What disturbed me was that there was no penalty call on the play (despite it being an obvious and deliberate body-check) and NO Bruin decided to teach Novotny a lesson.

This is, I feel, part of the larger issue with this team right now. They are not fighting for pucks, not fighting for space in front of the net, and frankly are not even fighting for each other. If it hasn't been clear from earlier posts, I am very frustrated with the Bruins' lack of consistent effort lately, and am not sure how many losses it will take for them to figure out what they need to do to win.

No comments: