Wednesday, April 22, 2009

claude julien's quote on tonight's series sweep

Here is a quote I found very complimentary to the character of Bruins' Coach Claude Julien:

On how it must feel, on a personal level, to win, in Montreal…

I know there are several people who would like to hear me say this is revenge. It’s not. Or people who would like to hear me say it’s more satisfying. I will continue to say this: it’s here that I got my first chance to be a coach in the NHL. I had a good stay here. Unfortunately, in our business, coaches often get fired. But we manage to land elsewhere. I’ve been lucky this way. I can say that I learned a lot here. It was my first experience. I learned a lot, under Andre Savard and even under Bob (Gainey), who was excellent with me. I grew around these guys. That is why, although I am happy to win, I am not bitter. Whether we win here or in Boston, the most important is that we win the series.

No comments: