Friday, November 21, 2008

david krejci goal



I watched tonight's game on the laptop, so I couldn't really see the wonder and splendor of some of the Bruins' highlights. In particular, David Krejci's slow-motion set up on the three-on-one to make it 3-1 struck me as fun.

I enjoyed the tenor of what Coach Julien had to say of Krejci's play:

He controls the play so well, and he also controls the pace of it too, and I’ve seen players in the past, that they were extremely good at that. I remember J.F Sauve from the Nordiques was one of those guys that would make those plays, slow things down...they’re gifted with the stick, and they find seams, and [Marc Savard] does it at times for us, too, but, you know, David’s a good player, and he’s just starting to grow into the type of player that we all expected him to be.

(Also, thank you to the Boston Bruins PR team for supplying me with post-game information, after each game, now. These stat packs are a great asset to a writer, and I appreciate it)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What a terrible blunder... almost makes the Bruins look good.

The Editor said...

ha ha. terrible blunder indeed (talk about blowing a tire!). but i think this makes the Bruins look good:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/standings/

thanks for the comment!

Unknown said...

Makes sense. The last Rangers game I saw, they looked terrible. I don't know what's going on with the East.

The Editor said...

Sometimes pressure and expectations on a team can mangle their performance. Call it performance anxiety. The B's are getting around that because so few in the hockey world have ever given them due credit.

But looking at the standings, it's true, there are a few things that don't seem to make much sense.

Thanks for the comment.